Am I a Candidate for Fat Injections?
Candidates for fat transfer wish to restore volume in particular areas (such as the face) and have excess pockets of fat elsewhere on their bodies that can be used. Patients interested in this treatment want a longer-lasting result than what is possible with alternative treatments like dermal fillers or collagen stimulants.
What Are the Benefits of Fat Injections?
Patients choose autologous fat transfer because:
- Fat injections are natural and non-allergenic.
- Injected fat comes from the patient’s body, so no pre-testing is required. A person’s own fat cannot be rejected; however, another person cannot donate fat.
- Fat injections can be performed as an outpatient procedure.
- Fat injections require little downtime.
- Fat injections cause minimal discomfort that can be controlled with oral medication.
- Fat injections – in part – are permanent.
- Fat injections are cost-effective if combined with other procedures.
Is There Downtime After Fat Injections to the Face?
There is often some swelling and bruising after the injections — mostly within the first 3 days.
Patients should avoid the sun during the early stages of healing.
When Will I See My Fat Injection Results, and How Long Will They Last?
Results vary from patient to patient. While some fat particles permanently survive the transfer, others do not. Repeat treatments may be warranted for long-lasting results.
Contact Dr. Minoli to Start Your Facial Rejuvenation Process
The relationship with our staff does not end when you leave our offices. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns during your recovery or need additional information.
Supported by a
Dedicated and Skilled Team
Even with Dr. Minoli’s accomplishments and training, he couldn’t do this without his dedicated team, led by his wife, Anita. Together, they have built a family practice based on compassionate and personalized plastic surgery care.